Two Fruits

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Searching for Gold

Today:
Distance: 11.65 km
Time: 67' 49"
Rate: 5' 49" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 19 degrees, humidity 65%, wind SE at 20 kmph
Week: 52.05 km
April: 11.65 km
Year: 1124.05 km in 13 weeks at ave 86.5 km per week

Not a fast running day but it was nice and easy and that is all I am after at present. Today's title could have been " Fools Gold" on a couple of accounts.
First, me looking for that elusive first monthly gold medal. I doubt it will ever happen to me. Second, a man with a metal detector sweeping the sand at Pine Is looking for gold, or coins or anything valuable. I think he left empty handed. Third, the police stopped me while running through Gordon on my way home for lunch. They were looking for some teenagers, probably didn't have the gold but were definitely fools. I hadn't seen them.
Sub committee meeting tonight going through the results from last Sunday's monthly handicap. Very few seemed to get handicapped. I missed out on going forward after an average run finishing 82nd. Strewth missed out on going back even after finishing 21st. In the long course, the middle third of the field finished within 1 min 10 secs. The handicapper was very happy.
Sue, the handicapper said you were good enough to go back 2 groups, next time group 23. And, yes, Bonanza and Rawhide, remember them well.

1 Comments:

  • Yay, I didn't get put back and by the way I finished 16th, not 21st!And 4th reason for changing your title - it was April Fools' Day of course!

    By Blogger strewth, At April 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home