Two Fruits

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Biking and Running Day

Today:
Bike Ride: Distance - 19.55 km in 71' 05" at ave 16.5 kmph
Run: Distance: 3.05 km in 15' 39" at ave 5' 08" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 20 degrees, humidity 70%, wind calm
Running:
Week: 55.1 km
April: 14.7 km
Year: 1127.1 km

The best part of bike ride Thursday is what excuse Tinkerbell will have not to go riding. Lat week, " I forgot my bike". This week, " I have a hair cut appointment " . Next week, " I can't wear a helmet because it will flatten my hair." Each excuse getting better, just wait till winter, rain, cold, wind.
Of course, Tinker 2 also failed to front, had to hold Tinker 1's hand at the salon.
So only 2 of us headed out just after 10:00 am and what a good day we had. From Tuggeranong around the outside of the lake to the bike path on Drakeford Dr going towards Kambah Village. Cruising up the slight incline, no wind was handy. Reached Sulwood Dr, turned left towards Kambah Pool Road. Not fast down past the Murrumbidgee Golf Club, a few golfers reminding us that "Tiger" is back playing and the "Masters" is on next weekend at Augusta.
We turned at the golf club to follow the rough track behind the big houses at Gleneagles to the back of Urambi Hills. We once started a monthly handicap in this area, until some decided it to be too rough and too hard.
The trail above Learmonth Dr is now in good condition, great fun on the mountain bike, especially as Kevvie likes the down hill and easily gets away from me. I kicked his back side on the up hill. We finished riding easy on the Drakeford Dr side of Lake Tuggie back to work.
We weren't out for too long, with only a couple of minutes of rest time for a drink. The idea for a timed run over the course had us wondering whether my up hill would out do Kevvie's down hill. This circuit had plenty for each type of rider. I tend to think I may just get pipped at the post, the down hill is too long with too much speed generated for me to catch up. An interesting contest never the less. We will do it one day.
Kevvie went home for a snooze on the couch, I stayed at the depot for a bite of lunch, then a short jog down to Pine Is and back. Spent 20 minutes in the water in case the bike legs weren't happy, but all is Ok.
Thanks to Kevvie for a good day out riding.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home