Two Fruits

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nan's Birthday

Today:
Distance: 8.3 km
Time: 42' 12"
Rate: 5' 05" per km
Weather: cool, cloudy, temp 12 degrees, humidity 80%, strong NW wind 30-40 kmph
Week: 14.1 km, Oct: 119.0 km, Year: 3448.95 km

Born in 1901, my grandmother would have been 108 years old today. Unfortunately she died in 1988, still a good innings by any standard. Real country people my nan and pop living in Tassie, we ate at their place many times, living in the same town as I grew up.
Pop was a veggie grower at home, spuds, all kinds of cold weather veggies, as well as raspberries, loganberries and passion fruit. We loved pop's garden as kids. May be I overdosed. Now I eat vegetables because I have to.
As opposed to Ruth Frith, the 100 year old competing at the World Master's Games in Sydney. She says she doesn't smoke or drink, and gave up vegetables at age of 12. I may follow her advise and give up vegetables as well. Just stick to carbos and fruit.
I ran a bit better today, just a little longer, as well as riding the bike to and from work. Not much but good. I hope this weather improves by the weekend. Very average today with strong wind and some showers.

1 Comments:

  • I remember the 'raspberry farm' from Tassie - the best devonshire tea ever!

    You've pulled up well - much better than Nick and Mick I suspect.

    Yes, put the pressure on with a bet on me next time. Easy to guess - somewhere between 1:41 and 1:46 for a half.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 14, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home