Two Fruits

Monday, January 18, 2010

An Unusual Summer Cool Change

Today:
Distance: 13.9 km
Time: 75' 32"
Rate: 5' 26" per km
Weather: cool, cloudy, temp 17 degrees, humidity 33%, wind SW at 25 kmph
Week: 27.9 km, Jan/Year: 272.1 km

A cool change passed through the region overnight with reports of snow on the mountains away to the South of us. Very unusual for summer. However it won't last with the forecast for high 30's by the end of the week.
I watched the morning session of the cricket on TV at work before turning off the TV, turning out the light, closing the door and getting a 30 minute siesta. Very nice indeed.
Looking out the window, the weather was slowly improving, at least the clouds were breaking up a bit, a little sunshine, but not much warmer.
Decided on a short easy run over flat terrain. I should have gone into the gym but my left shoulder still has some tendinitis, and my right elbow hasn't recovered from being smashed in to the bike path a couple of weeks ago. I hope they both recover together so I can start some upper body strength work. With some long distance running on the plan for this year, I can't afford to have a weak upper half that fades before the bottom half. Loss of strength in arms and shoulders can lead to a change of technique under the pressure of running through fatigue.
Not to be in the gym, I ventured out after my siesta, felt Ok, and covered the usual area between Pine Is and Point Hut. Finished with 12 minutes in the river, no one about, too cold for the kids on holidays.

Ewen, we need to have a beer bet on Jog at Cradle Mtn. You guess first, it's only fair, I think you have inside knowledge.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, we will - and I'll guess first, but closer to the race.

    Two other bets for you though - I bet she kicks your butt if she runs the one hour track race Thursday, and I bet CJ would do the same in an arm wrestle.

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home