Two Fruits

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fitness Test

Today:
Distance: 9.7 km
Time: 56' 57"
Rate: 5' 52" per km
Weather: sunny, warm, temp 31 degrees, humidity 20%, wind calm
Week: 49.5 km, Jan & Year: 89.4 km

No point getting out of bed at 5 am, driving for half an hour tomorrow morning to find I can't put on foot in front of the other to run due to a dumb crash off the bike yesterday.
Contrary to the expert advise at work, I did go to work today. These advocates of time off to recover thought I could have milked out a week off, then return on light duties for a month, probably not much until after Easter. Digress, had my 1st Easter bun yesterday, but no eggs, yet!
However my work ethic is a bit stronger than that, I went to work but left that bucking horse in the shed for the day. Another perfect summer's day, I had to get out and test the injuries.
Started off really slowly, ran down to Pine Is, along to Point Hut and back to Pine Is. Stopped twice to stand and splash in the water, looking for as cool as I could find, I think it helped. Leg is not too bad, better as I warmed up, the elbow is the problem, landing on the point of the bone has now prevented me straightening the arm. I hope that doesn't take long to correct.
Tomorrow I will run where possible, walk the hills and go as far as I can, then turn back. I think Vanities Crossing will find me there for a long while. The forecast is very warm to hot again.
How can Ewen find links back to a "CJ" fall on 7/2/07. As I said, there is no photo of my bruises, not where they are, Kelley would spread that around the world in a flash, as long as I get some royalties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home