Two Fruits

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Track was Rough

Today:
Distance: 11.95 km
Time: 68' 28"
Rate: 5' 43" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 26 degrees, humidity 35%, wind calm
Week: 26.7 km, Mar: 174.75 km
Year: 997.45 km in 11 weeks at ave 90.67 kms per week

The track was rough and the grass is long between Pine Is and the Tuggie creek rock wall. I don't think I will venture this way again until the grass is either cut or dies off in winter.
Very difficult to see if your feet land on a snake. And if you did get bitten, no one else would be in the area for a long time to get help.
Another beaut day for running slowly, I rather like this recovery business. However, the time will soon come to break out, may be this Saturday, more likely next weekend.
As well spent 10 minutes in the river again, it seems to do the trick for me. I may as well make the best of this local facility, many don't have the luxury.
Two long distance mountain running events in 3 weeks ( 95 kms in total) will need some time to recover. While I feel really good at the moment, the deep fatigue will surface if I resume too soon. Plenty of time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home