Two Fruits

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Something Went Wrong

Today:
Distance: nil

As Softshoe wrote on his blog, yesterday I think neither of us found the groove. It was a case of do the distance as best we could, then take off the shoes.
Then last night, something went wrong. Ok after the run, had the usual nana nap in the afternoon before going out at night. A 5oth birthday party to attend but nothing too hectic, all too old now.
Then, all of a sudden, I crashed, felt very ordinary after half an hour going hot and cold. No desire to do anything, just needed to go home. It may have been something I ate.
Today, lazed around at home, basically doing nothing. An easy day will hopefully recharge the batteries, because it's only 5 weeks to go to "Tan".
I have also entered the Spiny Cray ultra in Qld in October, another trip to a new event. This time 56 kms in the rainforest inland from Port Douglas. With the experience of the Gold Rush in May, I know I will be better prepared to try and finish in front of my sister-in-law. I can only try, because it will be a big ask.

1 Comments:

  • You never get sick! Can't have been CJ's gateau (which was absolutely beautiful). I hear Jen was terribly disappointed you were too sick to show her some southern trails.

    By Blogger Ewen, At July 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home