Two Fruits

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Triple Tri - Majura & Ainslie

Today:
Distance: 18.3 km ( listed as  20 km)
Time: 1 hr 45 mins 06 secs
Rate:  5' 44" per km
Elevation gain/loss:  525 metres
Weather: showers before start, then cloudy and fine, temp 19 degrees, humidity 80%, wind calm & later NW 25 kmph
Week: 121.00 kms,  Nov: 355.5 km,  Year: 2725.75 km

This was my 4th or 5th time running in a team in the Triple Tri. For some unknown reason, I always get the Mt Majura/Mt Ainslie leg to do. One day, I'll get either of the two easier legs over Mt Taylor or Red Hill.
Today's conditions were perfect unlike the weather yesterday & also in recent years. A shower or two before I started, dry during the run & rain again while we were having coffee at the War Memorial.
The rain had stopped the dust on the trails, but not enough to cause muddy conditions. A bit slippery on the concrete path off Mt Ainslie but still safe enough to run hard.
In fact, I ran hard all the way, really pushed as best I could especially after yesterday's warm weather training run.
For all the hard work, just managed a better time than Kerrie T & just 5 minutes better than Elle.
Really satisfied with today & the weekend's running.
Taper starts now. With rain and /or showers during this week, a day or two off will be good. A chance to keep going into the gym. I feel this may well be my savior during next year.
If you get a chance, feel Princess's arm muscles, sure to impress.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home