Two Fruits

Monday, January 23, 2012

What Will This Week Bring ?

Today:
Distance:  11.35 km
Time:  65' 03"
Rate:  5' 44" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 21 degrees, humidity 50%, wind cool easterly 10 kmph
Week:  11.35 km,  Jan & Year:  356.55 km

A nothing much day with a run from work to home at lunch time and back to work afterwards.
A rest day from other activities except riding the bike to work in the morning and back home at night.
I'll get back into the gym on Tuesday hoping that the bad performance on Saturday may have only been an early sign of over doing it.
Today's effort to run was Ok, not pushing any pace at all.
Thursday is Orroral Classic, a 20 km run in Namadgi National Park.
Strewth should really take the opportunity to run an easy mountain race without pressure and only one hill. An excellent run in a scenic location & perfect marathon training with a rest day on Friday before a back up training long run on Saturday. But, she will run track on Wednesday night.
I've given all the help I can, I hope her coach has better advice than me or Speedygeoff running the ultra will have the last laugh.
The winner of the Hobart marathon only 3 weeks ago, Alex Matthews is backing up on Thursday to run 20 kms and then adding another 10 km. Good enough for him, good enough for me.

3 Comments:

  • She's not racing BBQ + track Wednesday, so Thursday's free. Now, I'd like to be there, but it's my one chance for a sleep-in (unless I start late Saturday).

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM  

  • How curious. Last time I did the maths I was sure Strewth had run 10 marathons and you, Two Fruits, had run 3. I think Strewth knows what she's doing with her Canberra Marathon 2012 training. I'm sure you have plenty of good advice. My point is simply that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At January 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM  

  • Oooowwwhh. Poor cats.

    By Blogger speedygeoff, At January 24, 2012 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home