Two Fruits

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Morning of Waiting

Today:
Distance:  8.95 km
Time: 46' 00 "
Rate:  5' 08" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 18 degrees, humidity 65%, wind NE 15 kmph
Week:  65.5 km,  Jan & Year:  216.75 km

Mrs TF was due in on a flight from Hobart this morning at 9:00 am. But engineering problems with the plane meant a 3 hour delay before taking off. So I waited & waited for news before heading to Canberra airport.
Eventually a phone call to say the plane was ready to go and I just had enough time to get this short run done around the outside of Isabella Plains on the bike path.
Following advise from Martin F, I ran this much harder than I would have normally given I tough run up Mt Tennent tomorrow morning.
I need more speed as well as endurance. Somehow, I will combine these elements and some gym sessions. Big picture, looking forward.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, Martin's advice was interesting. I remember him doing that 7 days of speedwork a while back. Don't think my legs would be happy with that - they were still sore Thursday after my sprints on Monday. Probably means I need more fast stuff to build up the FT fibres.

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home