Two Fruits

Friday, January 13, 2012

I Tried Tempo, But Nothing There

Today:
Distance:    10.4 km
Time:  54' 45"
Rate:  5' 16" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 23 degrees, humidity 40%, wind NW 15 kmph
Week:  56.55 km,  Jan & Year:  207.8 km

I need to keep some speed in my legs as the slow hilly, long distance running certainly kills off the fast twitch muscles.
It's not that I need to run fast but I like it. As well, the first monthly handicap is on soon, and I don't want the track runners to leave me behind to finish last. At 6 kms, it's going to be a sprint all the way.
So, I ventured over to the gravel track behind Bonython for a few 1 km tempo runs.
Didn't like them at all, only did 4 at ave 4' 50", felt terrible. Changed down to half that distance for 2 x 500 metres, better pace but not sensational.
Over to Pine Is to the river for 12 minutes in the water. It seems cooler than recent trips down there, so nice and refreshing and helped the legs feel better.
Back at work, I had 15 minutes in the gym, a short quick workout. That was good, with plenty of reps on 4 machines. After the weekend, the soreness in the shoulders & arms will have gone so I can step it up again.
Jog, might have to get some protein drinks, I do like the chocolate flavour.
The gravel track is a bit too rough for faster tempo running. I will have to get to the oval on the nice grass & run bare feet which is so much nicer. And I run much quicker.
I'll get Ewen to organise a cut of lane 5 for next week.
Easy day tomorrow. Mrs TF gets back home from Tassie in the morning. Then Sunday is Mt Tennent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home