Two Fruits

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Outside the Southern Suburbs

Today:
Distance:  20.3 kms
Time: 2 hrs 1 min 58 secs
Rate:  6' 00" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 17 degrees, humidity 70%, wind light NE 10 kmph
Week:  33.55 km,  Feb:  123.8 km,  Year: 579.85 km

A cool cloudy day produced good running at noon. With wet weather predicted for later in the week, I decided to bring forward my mid week longer run in case I missed out.
I haven't done the full loop around the most southern suburbs of Canberra for a while. Now I know why!
I followed the river track from Pine Is to Point Hut, a nice mostly sandy undulating track. Then behind Gordon to get to the fire trail above the streets, there is this 500 metres of steep sealed track.
nearing the top, I looked at the Garmin for the gradient of this slope, 16%. No wonder I was moving rather slowly.
Across the top of Gordon, the trail is easy & flat before a sealed down slope to Tharwa Dr at the very end of civilization.
Crossing the road to Banks, the track behind the houses is Ok, a gentle but continuing up slope before levelling out under the hill starts part of the Mt Rob Roy nature park.
I ran down to Lanyon shops crossing back to Gordon and then to Bonython before it started to get late. I needed to be back at work in time for shower & more lunch. I was getting hungry even though I had eaten part of the contents of the lunch box before I ventured out.
Rate by km does not show the true value in this run. It has a bit of everything, an enjoyable trip as mostly you run high enough above the houses to get views all the the way.
Last 4 days has produced 101 kms of running. Going well, no niggles at all, just get tired and need a 10 minutes power nap to keep going during the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home