Two Fruits

Thursday, February 2, 2012

What Happened to Summer ?

Today:
Distance:  11.1 km
Time:  65' 32"
Rate: 5' 53" per km
Weather: cloudy, light drizzle, temp 15 degrees, humidity 80%, wind calm
Week:  38.65 km,  Feb:  22.6 km,  Year:  478.65 km

The weather conspired to prevent me from getting to the track tonight.
Road conditions & poor drivers held up traffic flow in late afternoon resulting in a later finish at work than I would have liked. A 6 car pile up on Adelaide avenue would have made that area a shambles.
The cold day and a need to rush to get to the AIS well before the 5000 metres commenced convinced me not to go. It would have been my first time out there for a couple of years.
But, I'm not a cold weather runner.  I don't like winter at all and head north as often as possible to escape the cold. I much prefer the warm and dry sunny days we normally get in Canberra in summer.
The forecast for the afternoon was as we got, cool with showers. I managed to get in a run and a gym session during my lunch break. The run had to be over the minimum of 10 kms just in case the track racing didn't eventuate.
Not much pace in the run today as I was saving a bit for the night race. At least I can run again tomorrow, when I did have a rest day planned.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home