Two Fruits

Friday, June 15, 2012

City to Surf

Today:
Distance: 10.05 km
Time: 54' 03'
Rate:  5' 22" per km
Weather: part sun/cloud, temp 15 degrees, humidity 55%, wind light NW 15 kmph
Week:  53.00 km,  June:  213.40 km,  Year:  2277.3 km

Nice day to run at midday with a gentle breeze from the NW instead of cold southerly. That meant I could get away with just an old T shirt instead of a second layer over the top.
This time of year, I drag any old shirt I have in the cupboard. Mostly they are bought at running events, worn a few times and hidden away for a few years. Too good to wear out.
Then as the new ones go in on top, the old ones surface in winter. I had found a 1998 City to Surf shirt and wore it today. One of the guys from work commented about it and asked how many had I ran. I ran 5 ( or 6 ) back in the 1990s in the first few years after moving to live in Canberra.
Back then we could get a few from work together plus partners and make a big weekend out of the C2S. We would stay at the Bondi Hotel, near the finish line for 2 nights. Usually kicked out of the bar at midnight on the Sunday night as it was closing time.
I then decided not to run on the road any more. Mountains and trails took over, so the fun and surf of Sydney came to an end.
May be with a few more hill training sessions, I could make the start line in August again.
Today, nice and easy, and flat. Nothing more than a run home at lunch time and back.

1 Comments:

  • I'll be there and I've been doing 1/10th the hill running you have. Aiming to finish 5 mins behind young Jen B and I should stay in the A group for next year.

    By Blogger Ewen, At June 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home