Two Fruits

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 6 - Right on Plan

Running:  Year to Date

Distance:  706.15 kms in 6 weeks at ave  117.7 kms ( down from 117.9 kms at week 3)

Last 3 weeks:  352.45 kms

Altitude:  23,337 metres in 6 weeks at ave  3,890 metres ( down from 4,373 metres at week 6)

Last 3 weeks:  10,177 metres

I'm catching up after being away on a short holiday for 10 days where there was plenty of easy, but flat, running. However, most of that was on either beaches or bike paths. I did get some faster than usual tempo runs done which is normally missing.
Managed to find only a few hills that really did not contribute to keeping the averages on track.
Back home and started on Saturday with a solid 40 kms run with 2300 metres of up hill. Long day out, over 6 hours on the move with a few stops to chat & admire the views from my local mountain summit.
As mentioned in my previous post, I now run to a 10 day plan instead of a 7 day plan. Although, the figures above are the normal Mon - Sun as a full week this year ends on a Sunday.
My 10 day plan allows more flexibility, now I don't need to work, to run longish during the week if necessary. Rest or real cut back days, walking, can be had anytime.
It's now 3 weeks until Gone Nuts 101 km. A couple more long runs this week, then start to ease back the distances, freshen up and hope I have done enough to get to the start line, then the finish line.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home