Two Fruits

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Must Learn to Concentrate....All The Time

Today:
Running - nil ( again)
Bike riding: 4 kms.......until disaster


Yesterday I forecast a busy day, and so it was. Not enough time to work let alone do other important activities, like even a few kms of running.
It all fell ( pun intended) apart at 6:30 am when a shopping trolley jumped out in front of me on the mtn bike while riding to work. I wasn't watching as it was " just there" on the edge of the bike path near Bonython.
Handle bars clip the trolley, bike goes sideways and I land heavily on the path. Ouch !!! Not much red stuff from right elbow, but very sore, right hip & bum even worse as I pick the bike up, can hardly move.
Luckily a work mate stops his flat tray ute and I manage to get bike on back of vehicle and me in the front seat. The next part is never easy, facing your fellow workers who laugh out loud at your misfortune. They love an incident. Patched up from the first aid kit, sent out to work as best they can. The usual story " let us know if you can't cope".
Bugger of a morning continues on the road, Murphy's Law comes in to play, accept this is not my day.
The only good bit is today is pay day. Thank God for that. Struggled around the shopping centre then finished off the day's work.
Ewen, Ruth & Kelley note: there will NO pictures of the bruises, not where it will be.
Hopefully I should be right for Saturday morning, try to run some or a good solid walk which will be just as good.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home