Two Fruits

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Snakes Again

Today:Distance:  9.15 km
Time:  53' 28"
Rate:  5'  51" per km
weather; sunny, temp 18 degrees, humidity 40%, wind calm
Week;  40.00 km, Oct:  153.00 km,  Year:  2051.8 km

Still slow, but at least I am running. My head cold has almost gone, but the energy levels are not great.
A nothing run today, just a run in the sunshine. And I was not the only one enjoying the sunshine.
On the river track heading south from Pine Is car park towards Point Hut, another one of nature's creatures that strike fear into unsuspecting runners.
This time black on top and I presume red underneath lying on the warm sandy path. Luckily for me, it must have felt the vibrations of movement on the ground and was heading into the grass when I saw it in time. Another nice specimen, well fed and in good condition.
That makes No. 3 for the season, usually see around 10-12 per summer. But it's only mid October, might break the record for sightings. I hope not.
Finished run back at Pine Is, then had 10 minutes standing in the river, nice, but still cold. Warm enough for some small kids to go swimming, so young to have no feeling or a high pain barrier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home