Two Fruits

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Post Race Recovery

Today:
Distance:  nil

Post race this time not much different to any other over recent years. I guess getting slower means less wear and tear on an aging body.
But, full recovery will take weeks even if I do little, some, or a bit more of running. I will be heading to the therapeutic healing powers of the mighty Murrumbidgee River later this week.
The sore shins are now Ok, the hip flexor is better, but not ready to run with at the moment. Couple more days, then a short jog to start the process again.
Appetite is same as normal, so energy levels today are Ok. I know I am still tired, lucky it was a planned day off work. I did have a little siesta this afternoon after some more unpacking and preparing the caravan for the next trip away in early May, fingers crossed.
The next two weeks are vital to ensure I don't get sick due to a depleted immune system. Week two post race it is so easy to become complacent, return to normal running and pick up a virus.  Then 7-10 days to recover, again.
I don't really have a  big project in mind until Caboolture at end of July, and still not sure on what to do up there. If, I can get some solid weeks of good training post recovery & holiday, then I may be tempted towards the 48 hours. One of the reasons to do that is there is a chance to get some short sleep breaks during the event, unlike the 24 hour when sleeping is waste of good distance gathering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home