Two Fruits

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

OMG - What a Struggle

Today::
Distance:  11.6 km
Time:  65' 05"
Rate: 5' 37" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 40%, wind north 15 kmph
Week:  11.6 km,  Aug:  69.85 km,  Year:  3053.5 km

The recovery process after Caboolture, allowing for a cold miserable wintery August, was to slowly increase the length any running by no more than 5 kms per week.
This is now week 4, so in theory I could have ran 20 kms today. I haven't looked like getting near the daily max at all, so there was no chance today.
Instead, on a nice sunny day, I ran home for lunch. Easy 5.8 kms, did a few bits & pieces, and decided to run back. Nice downhill, a northerly head wind that wasn't too bad.
But, what should have been easy negative split, was hard work. The head was saying go, the legs were saying, whoa back.
Sore muscles that haven't been sore for a long time. Just shows what time off to recover energy levels can do. May be tomorrow, or the next day or next week, forward progress will be made.
If it wasn't so cold in the river, that is where I should be going. May be a return in Sept.

2 Comments:

  • Your recovery is taking longer than I expected. I suggest you give 6-day racing a miss.

    By Blogger Ewen, At August 23, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

  • Be careful TF. It is better to err on the side of caution. I think I have killed my running muscles and am left with a chronic training intolerance. Mine was more to do with other stresses lumped in with some poor listening to tired muscles. Keep listening and taking it easy and hopefully you will bounce back :-).

    By Blogger Janene, At August 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home