Two Fruits

Monday, June 24, 2013

In The Rain

Today:
Purpose: early week jog
Distance:  11.65 kms
Time: 65' 00"
Rate:  5' 35" per km
Weather: cloudy, showers, temp 6 degrees, humidity 95%, wind southerly 10 kmph

Week:  11.65 km,  June: 481.6 km, 
Year:  2748.15 kms in 25 weeks at ave 109.9 km pw

It was raining this morning when I started my shift break. I was staying at work today as the car was at the auto electrician getting some new driving lights & and second battery fitted. Ready for outback !!
I had taken my usual running gear to work, but didn't expect it to be so cold & wintery.
I headed to " Lost Property " at work and asked if they had any waterproof jackets waiting to be disposed of to Vinnies or similar.
Lucky day, a nice & perfect fit jacket, plenty of pockets & very suitable for a lap of the lake in the rain. Returned after use, would have liked to keep it.
Felt really good, plenty of energy & legs were fine. A circuit of the lake, about 8 kms, then down the road to Pine Is and back to make the day total worthwhile.
Need to get a move on this week to have any chance at 600 kms for the month. If the weather improves & then holds, cold is Ok, rain is not, then I should make it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home