Two Fruits

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Planning the Next Few Months

Today:
Purpose:  easy junk
Distance:  12.2 km
Time:  72' 37"
Rate:  5' 58" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 23 degrees, humidity 30%, wind NW 20 kmph

Week:  25.2 km,  Sept:  166.4 km,  Year:  3935.5 km

An easy jog today plus 5 minutes in the river for freshness.
Over the next few months, a few mountain running events need to be programmed into the training without any necessary tapering.
Feature events coming up include Two Peaks on 12/10, Deep Space Mountain marathon on 10/11, & may be a run in the Tour De Ridges on 15/12.
I'll definitely do Deep Space as it will be a qualifier for Six Foot Track if I decide to enter. I still need to qualify even though I have ran 12 of them, but I won't have to be siting on the computer on entry day, usually early Dec. I should have a couple of days to enter with a guaranteed acceptance.
I have been invited to crew for Billy Pearce at Coast to Kozi, but will wait until final acceptances are processed. I'm keen to at least have a look at the event, even if I never actually enter ( too much sealed road).
I really to up the kms for the last 3 months, so plan on a gradual increase with Oct 400, Nov 500, & Dec 600 kms.
Just need to hope for dry sunny days.

3 Comments:

  • Get yourself a pair of Hokas - make sealed roads feel like dirt!

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM  

  • If you like staying awake day & night for 2+(?) days/nights and you are happy to run alongside your C2K runner on the road for up to 30+hrs then you'll enjoy C2K crewing. It also helps to like/embrace all kinds of unpredictable weather from boiling hot to snow/ice/sleet/hail. No matter how you look at it, C2K crewing is always an adventure. I LOVE it & will be back there for the 3rd time this year. P.S. I have NO desire to ever run it myself :)

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At September 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM  

  • I told Billy I'm not running on sealed roads.

    By Blogger Two Fruits, At September 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home