Two Fruits

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Please Explain

Yesterday:
Dist: 7.25 kms in 36'09" at 4' 59" per km
Today:
Distance: 10.7 km
Time: 56' 40"
Rate: 5' 17" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 24 degrees, humidity 35%, wind WSW at 15 kmph
Week: 24.95 km, Nov: 95.25 km
Year: 3887.0 in 46 weeks at ave 84.5 km

Yesterday was a quick circuit of Isabella Plains on the bike paths again as I had to be back ready to go out at 6 pm. Gee, I dislike running after a day at work.
Today, finished work again at 4 pm, but with a little bit more time, headed down towards the river on the dirt tracks, much more likeable but slower. Conditions were really nice, warm enough, sunny with a gentle cooling breeze. Nothing to report about either running days.

Let me explain about the near future. I have given out plenty of hints recently including yesterday's title.
There are 1440 minutes in 24 hours. Plan A. Next major objective, to go further than I have even been at one go.
I will give Six Foot Track a miss next year. I have the belt to go with the buckle, so a year off won't hurt. It is also only a couple of weeks before I start 5 months of leave to miss a Canberra winter. A few blog's ago I wrote about Big Red, I intend to run up Big Red while I'm away, don't know when, just want to do it.
If I get the 24 hour out of the way in April, then the rest of the holiday will just involve running for fun, along a nice beach, through a state forest or national park, or around a park or lake somewhere. Wherever it is, it won't be cold. However, with time to do nothing, then I may just be in Qld when there is major running event on, or may be not.
The mobile cubbie house is now parked in our yard, almost ready to go as soon as we buy the TV and antenna. That's about all we need, we will be self contained with no need for anything else. Might buy a laptop to keep you informed on an irregular basis with a few photos as to where we are and what is happening.
Cotter on Saturday will be interesting, judging by the pictures on Dave Baldwin's Facebook page of Vanities Crossing, bring swimming gear, we will get wet. Can't wait to get back to the serious stuff, it's taken the usual 5 weeks for me to get back in to the groove after the last ultra.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a great plan - especially the bit about missing a Canberra winter! Lucky you. It will be great travelling and running, and running and travelling.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At November 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

  • Ah! I'm alleged to be as thick as Pauline (or two short planks). Look at it like an interval session - 1440 x 1 minute.

    Good idea re the laptop. If you want something cheaper, lighter, smaller... try a Netbook like Ruth's. Hardley Normal had one for $198 recently.

    By Blogger Ewen, At November 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home